Modifying and viewing tests
You can modify any test in your test library by selecting the test, then choosing from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Copy allows you to copy the test exactly or with the same questions in random order. This is useful for creating pre- and post-tests, or A and B versions.
- Edit allows you to revisit and change a test you have created earlier.
- Share lets you share your test with one or more teachers in your school - just hold down Control (on a PC) or Command (on a Mac) to select multiple teachers.
- Delete/Archive allows you to remove any tests you no longer require. This will not delete the results if the test has been assigned and marked online.
- View/Print allows you to quickly view the test in full or print a PDF version in case any student does not have access to a computer during class.
- Marking key gives you a PDF version of all the answers for your test.
Assigning a test online
Select the test name then click Assign.
- Specify how long you would like the test to remain available to your students. The test will be available for your students to begin from the moment you click Assign until the end of this time period.
- Choose 'Revision' or 'Assignment' format.
- In a Revision style test, students will be able to access the test multiple times and when they finally submit their test, they will receive their score and the complete answers. Revision style tests are commonly set for long periods of time as a homework or revision activity.
- In an Assessment style test, students will only have one attempt, and they will receive their score only when they submit the test. Full answers will not be provided until the time you specify has elapsed.
- Select the class you wish to complete the test.
- To set a test for individual students, uncheck the All students box beneath the class name, then choose individual students by holding down CTRL (on a PC) or Command (on a Mac) as you click on the student names.
- Set the test by clicking Submit.
Reassigning a test
If a student accidentally submits a test before completing it, you can reassign the test to them.
- Go to the Assigned test reports page in the Tests area.
- Click on the blue Recipientslink. This may be a class name or a list of students.
- Reset the test to allow a student to start the test again, with all previous answers deleted.
- Reassign the test to allow a student to continue taking the test, with their previous answers still recorded.
A test can only be reassigned if it has not yet expired. If the test has expired, you will need to assign it again from the Test library page, following the Assign a test instructions above.