When students log on, the first thing they will see is their Dashboard. If they have any tests, a badge will appear on their Tests icon showing the number of tests to be completed. Students will also see a pop-up box notifying them of the new tasks.
Students take a test by clicking on the Start test link. If the test has been set as an Assessment-style test, students will be advised that they only have one attempt to answer all questions. The test will appear after the student confirms they wish to begin.
- The test is displayed in a series of pages, with 5 questions per page.
- A progress bar at the top shows questions answered.
- Students can move between pages by clicking on the page tabs at the top or with the Previous/Next buttons at the bottom of the page.
- The Highlight button highlights any unanswered questions in bright yellow. Students can choose to turn the highlighting off, or it switches off automatically as each question is answered.
- The Preview button opens a single page version of the test that students can scroll through quickly.
- The Submit button submits the test for marking. Students who have not answered all questions will be asked to confirm that they wish to submit the test with unanswered questions.
- Students receive their results immediately after submitting the test for Revision-style tests, or when the test has expired for Assessment-style tests. (Teachers choose Revision or Assessment when assigning the test.)
- Students access the full results using the Previous results button in the View my tests screen.